Monday, April 29, 2013

Kite Festival

My cute friend Mandy told me about this kite festival and how the kids just love it. So Steve and I that day had worked in the yard and then gone to a movie with some friends and were exhausted by the time we got home, but feeling bad that we really never did anything fun with the kids that day so we decided to go to the festival. Let me note that as we parked and walked to the park where it was held I kept seeing all these kids crying and their parents having to stop and try and calm them down and I thought "poor parents, so glad I am past that stage". Well the boys had so much fun that Carson had a full on melt down when we had to leave and I had to hang my head in shame as one of those parents whose child was crying all the way to the car- ugh joys of parenthood!
 They called it a kite festival because you could bring your kite and fly it on a golf course- it was so fun to see all the different kites. They had small carnival rides, snow cones, pizza, and Carson's favorite a train ride!



I just love spending time with our little family. And Carson's melt down just let me know that he had such a fun time. It was so fun for Steve and I to watch our boys have huge smiles on their faces for an hour straight- the joys of life!

No comments: