Monday, August 30, 2010

Father and Sons Camp Out 2010

This last weekend it was Father and Sons camp out. Carson is still too little and I was even nervous for Cohen to go. But he was so excited and counted down the days.
He loved the one on one time. The weather was as bad as it could be. Pouring rain and thunder and lightening- needless to say I was worried all night about my boys, but couldn't call because of the cell phone reception- well there was none. But Cohen wasn't scared and actually slept through the night- Steve.... not so much sleep!
Before they went they stopped off and ate at "Old McDonald's" as Cohen calls it and he ate every drop of food- and if you know him you know that is very rare. Then they got up there and put up the tent when there was a break in the rain. They just hung out and played and read books- Cohen loved it. Then the next morning the weather was beautiful. They finally got to roast those marshmallows and Cohen ate 2 huge pancakes- camping must give this kid an appetite!
I got to hang out with this fun little guy- he is so stinking cute! On Saturday morning I ran a 5K and my parents went also so my mom did the mile walk with Carson in the stroller. Can I just say that having one baby is so much easier than two.... but I missed my Cohen!
Although the weather was bad the trip was a huge success! Just look at these happy faces!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Your boys are so cute! I need to see them sometime! And nice work with all the running :)

Christy said...

Super cute photos! Their smiles say it all!