Sunday, August 8, 2010

Provo 1/2 Marathon

Okay so finally some commentary on this blog. Thanks for all your comments! My friend Shelly and I have been running 3x a week since January. And one day she told me how easy this half marathon was-so not thinking about the reality of it all I said that was my goal! So the longest we have ran was 6 miles and the thought of doubling that distance made me a little nervous but I knew I could do it......... until the bus drive at 4:45 am! It was pitch black and we left our homes at 4am to go to Provo. And that bus kept driving and driving and driving and then Shelly says- can you believe we have to run this whole distance back-------PANIC! And then the bus kept going and going and going- oh man! Our deal was to stay positive no matter what- so we decided to take this one mile at a time! My goal was under 3 hours which we made! Yeah us! Shelly is the best running buddy ever- seriously so awesome and her endurance was incredible- I had to walk a little bit- about a mile out of the 13 so not bad. But I did fine until about mile 9 and then my legs and hips would cramp up because most of it was down hill- so I would have to stretch out and keep going! The best part was the finish line. My cute dad surprised me and met us at the 12 mile marker and then my family and Shelly's family were waiting at the end! Cohen kept saying-"you racing mommy"- you know it! I am pretty sore afterwards- i.e. can't walk, but much better today! So chances of doing it again: not out of the question!!! And I did accomplish a huge goal- yeah!



12 comments:

Christy said...

Very cool! I didn't know you were going to do that!

shelly said...

WaHoo! Look at us go! You are the best running buddy ever! I will never forget this experience, we rock!

Adam and Sherry said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!!

Kristen Brady said...

I'm so proud of you two - you did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See - I told you so! :) Miss you two.

Tracie said...

Congratulations!!!

~Jen~ said...

Way to go! How awesome! But tell us about it!

Eric and Suzanne said...

Aw! How fun! Way to go girls! I totally missed out on all the fun- Miss you both tons.

Unknown said...

Congrats Crystal! That's a great accomplishment.

Kristen said...

Wow- congrats! Haven't set my sights on a half marathon yet, still tackling a bunch of 5Ks!

Amber said...

Good job Crystal! There's nothing like accomplishing a goal. :) Congrats!

shelly said...

Love the commentary! You did such a great job!!!

Liz said...

You two are SO cool! Congrats again, that is quite the accomplishment.