Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I just wanted to write a couple things on this special day- some thoughts I have had. The first thought is how grateful I am to be a mother. Heavenly Father has given me the greatest blessings- my two little boys. They are my whole life. It doesn't mean that I am a natural mother or that life isn't completely crazy sometimes, but they are worth it.

I love these little boys more every day- they really make me so happy!
 The day I became a mother...... my life hasn't been the same since. This little person comes into your life and they don't look like what you pictured and they have a personality that you have to learn and yet you would do anything for them.
 Some of these pictures got mixed up- Carson's newborn picture is towards the end. It's amazing when the next child comes that you love them just as much as the first. With Carson I remember holding him in my arms after his exciting journey to this earth and begging my Heavenly Father to let me keep him- I didn't know if he was going to be okay I just knew that I loved him and I wanted him- thanks Heavenly Father for my two miracles.
 I wanted to take a moment and express my love for both of my mothers. I am so lucky to have two in my life. The first is my mother in law. I was reflecting this last year how much I needed her at such an important time. Last August she came to stay with us for a week. Life was great. My kids were healthy,  life was comfortable and after 14 months of trying to get pregnant we were. We were so excited to have her there. During the week Steve had a meeting with an executive at the bank and he offered Steve a great promotion and raise if we moved to St. George. I was upset to say the least- talk about major life change. One minute everything is perfect and the next my life was turned upside down. My mother in law was my greatest support.... Heavenly Father knew I needed HER there specifically. She has had some major experiences with big moves and I just needed her advice. A couple weeks after we decided to move I found out that our baby never actually grew into an embryo and that I had been pregnant for 12 weeks and there was no viable baby. My body apparently wasn't going to miscarry on it's own so I ended up having a D&C the end of September. This was a really hard time for me- I felt like I was really being tried. My mother in law has also gone through this trail and it was so nice to have her support. One word I would use to describe my mother in law is EXAMPLE: she is truly amazing and I want to be just like her! I truly feel like she is my other mother and I am so blessed to have her in my life and I am so grateful she was there at the perfect time when I needed HER most! Love you Mom!!






 My Mom- she is amazing! After we moved we had about one month of awesomeness until the sickness hit. It has been very hard having sick kids but this winter I have been very sick and sad to say I am still battling with this 5 months later. It has been so hard for me to transition to being so far away from my mom where before I saw her several times a week and now I see her once a month. I have had to toughen up a bit. Still my mom had been so amazing. Back in January I was so sick with a virus and sinus infection and a middle ear inflammation called labrythitis- I could not get out of bed. She packed her bags and drove down that day. She has helped me so much. Even now that I live in St. George if I need her she will be there. When we moved she came and unpacked my kitchen. Every time she comes she stocks me up on groceries and other things, she is my best friend and one I can always count on. The word I would use to describe my mom is GIVING: my mom not only does so much for me and my siblings but she does so much for others, she is the perfect example of giving, generosity and selflessness! And I love her!




I have to say that both my boys adore their grandmas. Thank you for the wonderful women you are and for the role of Grandma in my boys life- I feel truly blessed! Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Crystal for the kind tribute, you made my Mother's Day! Thanks for being such a great daughter! Thanks to you I became a mother for the first time:) What a wonderful miracle it was to hold you for the first time and feel totally overwhelmed and inadequate! Thanks for being the person you are, you are truly an inspiration to me--letting me know I've done something good in my life:) Love you forever!

shelly said...

You are an amazing mother to the two sweetest boys around, and you're surrounded by the love of your mothers! You are one lucky lady! What a sweet post! Missing you more everyday!!!