Friday, December 13, 2013

SNOW!!!

Apparently the snow storm we had has not happened in St. George since the 1970's. People have never seen it like this their whole lives. We had about 6-8 inches- which in Salt Lake is normal but here it was crazy! They have no snow plows  and no salt...... um and my palm tress look very sad. It barely got above freezing today which is 6 days after the snow storm.... it's cold. And did I mention that we threw our snow shovel away when we moved here- oh man!

But guess who has been loving every second. The kids...just...love....IT!!! 4 days straight they played out in the snow, and I think Carson has eaten more snow than humanly possible.

 We had our friends over one day and here they are wrestling in the snow

 And having a snow ball fight
 And building snow barriers to hide behind while they have their snow ball fight
 I finally put them to work...... fortunately I did save their little shovels more for sentimental reasons, but hey they sure came in handy.

 My FAVORITE picture ever! After removing all their cold wet clothes they went to warm up their hands by the fire place...... haha oh man they are so dang cute!
 Drinking hot chocolate

 Catching snow flakes on their tongue while we waited for Steve to pick us up outside of Costco. I remember standing there looking at all the palm trees in the Costco parking lot in the middle of a snow storm..... it did not look right!

 The most EPIC snowman ever! With his sagebrush afro this guy was 8 feet tall. And to lift the middle section Steve had to get on his hands and knees and have 4 -10 years old plus me roll it onto his back, and then he had to lift it up and we rolled it into place..... yep quite the process! It was the coolest snowman ever and the boys loved building it! 


I have loved the snow just because it makes it feel like Christmas. I love this time of year and it is the best with the boys!

3 comments:

Adam and Sherry said...

That sagebrush hair is AWESOME!!!! And your header picture!!!! The merry go round!! It is my kids favorite place to go! :) Hope you get warm soon :)

Unknown said...

Love. Love. Love.!
I'm so happy I was able to come visit--I miss you all already! Can't wait to see you on Christmas Day!

Liz Starley said...

Random snow storms are the best! It snowed once while we were in Mississippi and it was like Christmas for us. I had to search for our snow clothes. Looks like you had a blast. (and then it melted and you got your great weather back) :)