Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sugar Bugs


This wasn't taken yesterday but on last Friday for a wedding we went to. Isn't he sooo handsome. Well Cohen went to the dentist to get his two cavities filled. He was so excited to go and he kept saying- get the sugar bugs off. So cute but little did he know what was in store for him. We had his appt. at 7 am so it was early which was good because he couldn't eat or drink anything that morning. We went in and they gave him quite a big shot in his arm and he cried and in less than a minute he totally glazed over and you couldn't talk to him- it was so sad I cried after they took him back. I of course hadn't slept that night and I didn't eat because I didn't want Cohen to see me eat and not be able to- that is just cruel and unusual. So they didn't end up having to give him the IV I don't think because the medicine was enough and they fixed his cavities, took x-rays and did a cleaning in like 30 minutes. But then he wouldn't wake up for another hour- that was hard you just keep tickling him and poking him and he wouldn't wake up- so sad! Finally he did and Steve had to go back to work so I stayed and took Cohen and Carson to the car and poor Cohen was just out of it and could barely open his eyes. Then he started dry heaving and throwing up (not lots) because he didn't eat. Poor thing! And I was freaking out. So we made it home and I had to get Carson fed and put down for a nap and Cohen was coming out of it a little more- mumbling words and trying to sit up but he would just fall over. After another hour of holding my little guy on the couch he was talking normal and acting normal and wanted to eat- he ate lots of food- and I was like please don't throw up anymore. He kept wanting to walk and play but he would take a couple of steps and fall over- poor thing. Then he took a nap at 12:30 and after two hours he woke up and was perfectly normal- yeah! He was a little more cranky that day but they said that was normal and we went out to buy him new cars and ice cream sandwiches. I love this boy so much and I am so glad he is doing great and is not in any pain. He makes me laugh everyday- he is such a sweetheart!

3 comments:

Holly said...

He is growing up so fast, Crystal! It's crazy :) I miss you guys!!

Dave and Natalie said...

poor baby (and mommy) I've seen two of my kids sedated...no fun! Bring him up to our dentist next time...he filled two cavities in Thomas' teeth without him even knowing what he was doing (I was shocked and amazed)

Adam and Sherry said...

POOR BABY AND MOMMY!!!! That is terrible!! There is nothing worse than having your kids put to sleep it is horrible!! Glad he got better quickly :)