Thursday, August 14, 2008

Alaska:3

This is how we would bathe Cohen on the ship- in the bathroom sink. There was no bathtub so we did what we could. He loved it. He would grab everything off the counters to play with- it was so cute. And don't worry out stateroom attendant Antonio always did a great job of cleaning our room so the sink was clean.
SITKA! Was the first town we stopped at. We anchored out in the port and had to take another boat to shore. This was a really little, beautiful town. There were some Indian tribes here but then the Russians came. So there are a lot of Russian historical buildings.
This is a restaurant we ate at- can you see that we have to keep Cohen occupied- that is a package of batteries I think he is chewing on, but I'm not sure.
We went to a totem pole park. It was a historical landmark and a battle site for the Indians and Russians. Steve was taking all kinds of pictures and I kept walking and so we lost each other in this huge park. The problem was there was a bear spotted 4 days earlier and they said that it probably was still in the park. So here I am BY MYSELF with Cohen, walking as fast as I could back to the main building- with no one in sight- I was for sure I was going to be eaten by a bear. Anyway, I'm still alive and Steve and I met back up at the tourist building. But it really was neat seeing all the totem poles as I ran by them- j/k.
This was a statue whale in a park that we put Cohen on to pose for us- he loved it. As you can tell this cruise was no tropical vacation- hence all the sweaters, but it was very beautiful.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

I have always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise. I am so jealous. It looks like you had a lot of fun. How cold was it? I am craving some cold weather right now. This heat is too much. Cohen is adorable and you look great. Glad you had a good time.

Liz said...

What a blast! I love the pictures of you all dressed up. You look fatastic!

You forgot the best part of the trip...buying us Twilight. :-)