Sunday, January 24, 2010

8 Months

Happy 8 months little man- how do we celebrate? Oh yes the emergency room! Carson has RSV- great. So yesterday he was getting really bad- wheezing and congestion and we just had this nagging feeling that it wasn't his asthma like the doctor said that is was RSV. And sure enough that's what it is- well bronchialitis actually because we didn't do the test to tell which virus, but since 66% of children get RSV before they are 1 we figured that's it. So he was sounding okay- they suctioned him out and gave a prescription to a respiratory clinic closer to home. So this morning he was wheezing really bad and was really stuffy so we took him in to the clinic and his oxygen levels were dropping after he fell asleep so then he got admitted to the ER for about 3 hours to monitor his breathing. They took a chest x-ray and he does have a little virus in his lungs, but nothing to serious. So now we are home and waiting. We will keep doing breathing treatments every 4 hours and suctioning him out. We will take him to the respiratory clinic tonight before he goes to bed to suction him out again and check his oxygen levels- hope this is the peak and it gets better from here. In the mean time Steve and I are both exhausted because we have been up all night and the emotional strain is hard on us also (more me because I am such a freak out mom). So this is a picture of our little sweetheart at the hospital- once he ate he was a lot happier- he was wanting to grab at everything- especially stethescopes- I think I need to get him one for his birthday. Everyone complements how happy he is! We can't believe he is 8 months old- he weighed 21lbs at the ER yesterday- big chunky boy. He loves to play and laugh and watch his older brother Cohen. Please pray for our baby to get better quickly- this has been really hard on all of us and we just want him to get better. More updates to come....

7 comments:

Adam and Sherry said...

O Chrystal!!!!! Could we really not have to experience everything together :( I am SOOOOOOO sorry!!!!! We have been through exactly the same thing this week. I hope he gets better soon. Keep him sucked out and hydrated that is what they told me will save us from a hospital bed. Today is our first good day since Wednesday. I am hoping we have finally gone over the hump. We will keep him in our prayers!!! And you too because I know how taxing it is on mommy!!! If you need any help let me know. E-mail or call!!! It is all sadly too fresh on my mind.

Steve, Crystal, Cohen and Carson said...

What- this is just crazy how our kids are experiencing the same things. It is so miserable and ours too started last Wednesday, but our doctor told us it was just his asthma and so we haven't been treating it as RSV since yesterday- I wish we had known sooner. This is so hard and I am sorry you are going through it too!

The Walkers said...

Hang in there. It is soooooooo hard when you are physically tired to hold up on the emotional end. This nasty RSV. Hope Cohen doesn't get it. Sherry has two with it. Hang in there and know that you and your family are in our prayers!!!!!

Eric and Suzanne said...

Crystal this is so scary! Please call me if you need absolutely anything. I am home all week this week.

Tracie said...

We missed you on Sunday. Hope the little guy is doing better. Your family is definitely in our prayers!

Doug and Michele said...

Sounds like you are on top of things. We will definately be praying for the little guy! Get rest whenever you can. I know you will BOTH get through it!

Amy said...

Oh Crystal! I am so sorry to hear this! Poor little baby! It makes me so sad! I was just reading up on all of your posts, and in your last one, I just thought, sounds like he's getting RSV. And then I read this post! Oh, I'm so sad for the little guy! I will definitely be praying for him and your family. I know all of your prayers for my little Sean helped so much. I love you!