Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And Then There Were Two

Unfortunately this happy face on Sunday night didn't last very long- about five more hours to be exact. Steve and I had just finished giving Carson a breathing tx and put him back to bed- we laid down about midnight and then the stomach flu hit. So Cohen started throwing up and did not stop until about 7 the next morning. Needless to say Steve and I did not get more than 2 hours sleep and then I had to take Carson to the respiratory clinic and Cohen had to go to the doctor with Steve. After 6 loads of laundry, scrubbing the boys bathroom, blankets and sheets lining practically our whole house and TONS of hand sanitizer I am hoping the boys don't get each other sick or us sick. We are sick of sickness!!!
So Cohen we think had the stomach flu, but he also has an ear infection- poor kid doesn't have a huge appetite, but gets yummy pink bubble gum medicine shoved down his throat for the next 10 days. Today was the first day we haven't taken Carson to the Clinic- he is sounding better, still very stuffy and has a really bad cough, but I think he is on the down stretch. So now Steve went to a quick meeting and I am here trying to take care of two sick boys and not contaminate either of them. Cohen's nose is constantly running and he is coughing like crazy all over the place- I am such a germ a phobe and so I am kind of freaking out. I have literally used Purell 30 x in the last 20 minutes because I am wiping noses right and left!
On the bright side thank heavens for all of your prayers- I know they have been helping and our family is on the down stretch. Thank you for the meals and phone calls- I feel truly blessed to have such great friends and family! We are sooo grateful!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Holy macarole you can't catch a break! Still praying for you. Wish I was closer and could help out! Love you!

Adam and Sherry said...

So sorry :( When it rains it pours!! I am just glad that they didn't get you and steve sick. That is when it gets really hard. Keep going and lets just hope the stores don't run out of hand sanatizer. I think I would colapse ;)

The Walkers said...

So sorry!!! Than heavens for antibiotics. As I have watched Sherry's kids I just keep thinking how glad we are that we are not pioneers. Can you imagine this time of year and sick kids!?!?!?

Dave and Natalie said...

so sorry they're so sick...and you're not sleeping...it's so hard!! not the fun part of being a mommy for sure. Just an FYI..I discovered Gold Bond lotion at walmart that is a hand sanitizer...it helps when your hands are all dried up from the regular stuff. Hang in there!!

Kristen Brady said...

I love you guys - hang in there!