Monday, January 18, 2010

JUST ADD IT TO THE LIST!

I know what a cute smile this little guy has! He totally melts my heart! So we have been doing nebulizer treatments since the beginning of December and so I went to the doctors last week to follow up on Carson. So every time our Dr. hears him he has a wheezing in his lungs. This is not something I hear because it is not really serious (he is not under respiratory distress), but she thinks he will have asthma. Most of you are thinking oh yeah not a big deal, but I am so sick of dealing with some kind of medical problem with this kiddo. So I can either do breathing treatments 2x a day for 6 more weeks - maybe all the time- or I can put a pill in his baby food called singulair to prevent asthma. So we are doing the pill. We still have to get his surgery done. I am washing his hair 2x a day and putting all kinds of creams and lotions on him for his eczema- the good news is that it is under control and his skin is looking great! So sorry to vent I am just kind of tired of this daily routine.
I am super grateful it is nothing more serious- I hope he will grow out of most of these things. He is super happy and an easy going baby- he makes me so happy. I stress out a lot less with this guy than Cohen for sure! Speaking of Cohen these two are like best buddies. I put Carson in the car the other day and Cohen was already in there and he was so excited to see Carson- "HIII Carson"- so cute!

6 comments:

The Walkers said...

Talk to Sherry. She is the expert on breathing treatments. She too gives Matthew the pill in his applesauce. You two should compare notes!!!!!

Adam and Sherry said...

Yes we should compare notes :) I feel for you totaly!!!!! But I think Matthew's is more reflux. I am not sure now we go back to the doctor again on friday to check but he had the same problem for WEEKS!!!! (which seem like eternities) but the last time I talked to the doctor he said to stop all his meds and see what happened because he was still wheezie. So reluctlantly I stopped what we were doing and started him on zantac and he hasn't had a wheezie spell since. Not saying that it is the same thing but it may be an new path for you to try too. My doctor thought it was as crazy as I did but after reading on the internet and talking to friends this is what we chose and for now it has been a week with no wheezing!!! I am so happy it could be so simple. What surgery does he have to have??

Steve, Crystal, Cohen and Carson said...

Sherry I have always thought Carson had pretty bad reflux, but my doctor said they don't usually prescribe something unless he is losing weight- which is definately not his problem! It seems so unrelated but I should ask my doctor in 6 weeks when I follow up- I will do anything at this point. As for his surgery when he got circumcised it scarred wrong- it's called abridgement, so he needs to be put under and have a urologist up at Primary's reshape things- poor little guy. I am so not looking forward to it even though it is not a huge deal we just have to put topical antibiotics on him for about 2-3 weeks-I just don't want my baby to be in pain. Anyway weeks does seem like forever- but you do what you have to for your kids! Hey I don't have your blog so here is my e-mail crystalbrough@hotmail.com I would love to check yours out!!

Adam and Sherry said...

POOR BABY!!!! I hate that!!! Matthew got circumsized so late since he was so tiny I had to watch!!! Just a note don't ever let Steve do that :) HA HA HA And for the reflux I had to beg for it the entire time we were in the NICU I knew that was his problem there too but they just kept saying the don't do it till they loose weight but as soon as I pushed hard enough they gave it to him and we were home within 1 weeks after that. And I am lucky because after 5 kids My doctor and I have an amazing relationship. He doesn't question my instincts at all any more so when I thought his reflux was acting up again he just gave it to me. But push because it is much easier than singulair. Singulair made Matthew a bear!!! And such an easy fix and it is something that they will grow out of. I don't know I hate breathing treatments and all the meds but it is just that strange combination of things that work so get your dr to give him some zantack or previcid. I have heard of some babies that are on both. They both do a little different job and zantack has always worked for Matthew better than prevacid but they are both great. Good luck!!! And I sent you an invite to our blog. I have probably missed most of your family so get me their emails so I can invite them too :)

shelly said...

That is the cutest and biggest smile ever! Hopefully the pill will be easier than the nebulizer treatments were! I seriously think you are so positive and have such a great attitude - way to go you! Isn't the to-do list with kids neverending?!? But, at least you're not bored. :)

Amy said...

Poor little dude! I'm so sorry to hear this!

His huge smile is awesome though! What a cutie! of course he does have really good genes...